Here is the link for the current podcast:
Show #54: 2006-03-06 HomeNetworkHelp.Info
Format: mp3, Time: 30:07 Size: 12,394 kb
Subject: Common and advanced troubleshooting tips, tricks, and methodologies.
# Show Sponsor:
~~ The HomeNetworkHelp.Info website and podcast is sponsored by GoToMeeting.com and GoToMyPC. For a GoToMeeting Promo Code go to: http://www.homenetworkhelp.info/gotomeeting or for a GoToMyPC Promo Code go to: http://www.homenetworkhelp.info/gotomypc and each promo code lets you try either software for 45 days free.
# 01:08 My Comments:
~~ Hectic week.
~~ Additional Network Distribution provided by Melodeo Mobilecast and DownloadRadio.Org.
# 03:47 Content: Common and advanced troubleshooting tips, tricks, and methodologies.
02) Accurate description.
04) Damage Control.
05) Know your tools and set your limits.
06) Reproduce the symptom.
07) Separate symptom from cause.
08) Examing the error.
09) Hardware versus Software.
10) Prepare a plan of attack.
11) Check online support.
12) Start with the simple stuff.
13) Take notes.
14) Trial and error.
15) Cause an error.
16) Do not get frustrated.
17) Call for help.
18) Narrow it down to the root cause.
19) Repair or replace the defective component.
20) Verify that the solution worked.
21) Prevent future occurrence of this problem.
22) Document the solution.
More 2006-03-06 Show information: Common and advanced troubleshooting tips, tricks, and methodologies.